Business Aviation operators are advised to plan in advance for the upcoming 2021 Tokyo Summer Games. Initial Slot Request Surveys are currently taking place for the six primary airports in the Tokyo Metropolitan area (Narita/RJAA, Haneda/RJTT, Ibaraki/RJAH) and near other competition venues (Nagoya/RJGG, Sapporo/RJCC, Sendai/RJSS).
A second (main) round of Slot Request Surveys will occur in late May, with results expected in late June. Based on available parking and/or slots, an aircraft may not be permitted to operate into their requested airport or may need to ferry to another airport after dropping passengers. The main ferry airports are the six primary airports and Osaka/RJBB and Fukuoka/RJFF. This slot system will be in place for the period in and around the Games (01 Jul to 30 Sep 2021). Slots can be requested through your designated Trip Support Provider, Ground Handling agent in Japan, or directly through the slot office at [email protected]
As of April 2021, only four of the six primary airports are accepting international traffic. Those airports are Narita/RJAA, Haneda/RJTT, Nagoya/RJGG, and Sapporo/RJSS. Specifically, Haneda/RJTT will be the designated airport for flights carrying VIPs such as Heads of State.
In addition to aircraft/operator details and itinerary, when applying for slots during this period, it is recommended to provide the following information:
- Lead passenger or VIP passenger's name
- Are you applying for or do you plan to apply for an Olympic Identity and Accreditation Card? Yes or No. (If you want to know about these cards, please ask the National Olympic Committee in your country)
- If yes, please advise below category.
- Sovereign or Head of State and Head of Government
- IOC members / Honored and Honorary members, Directors, Honored guest
- International Federations / President or Secretary-General
- NOC / President or Secretary-General
- TOP Olympic Partners / Chairman or Chief Executive Officer
- Sport Minister of NOC with participating athletes
- Others / Not covered by any of the above